CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 24, 2007

Yes, I'm a nerd and here's why...

It's been months since I came home from my trip and during the majority of that time not much has been what I would consider blog worthy. To usher in this new season of blogging I will reveal my inner nerd and how it escapes from time to time to embarrass me just a bit.

Tonight was the last concert of the summer at the Gallivan. Calexico put on a great show. It's not every day that you hear a southwestern stew of country, Mariachi, a bit of flamenco, and other tasty bites tossed together to make for an unforgettable musical flavor.

I love the excuse these concerts give me to move and groove a bit more than is permissible otherwise. I left the concert with the buena onda still in my mind and found myself waiting at a stop light rhythmically tapping away to my left signal blinker even though my destination was straight ahead. I have no idea how long it was on while I was off in my own little world.

Tonight my inner nerd escaped and I'm happy I unconsciously indulged it. I think way too often we suppress the happiness and joy we feel because of social norms and pressures. I'm still smiling about the escape and reveling in other memories it brings up of the little moments I catch of other people doing the same as I did.

So I say... give your inner nerd permission to enjoy life a bit more than your socially conscious self would allow!!!

1 comments:

jessaveda said...

beautiful philosophy, chels. for me, it's filling out completely egocentric surveys about myself for all my friends to read. (I know the types your talking about on myspace, though...gag...but it's different on a blog, as a blog is essentially your personal journal--you're supposed to talk about yourself. so do my survey!!!)

seriously though, that concert last night was fantastic. tear for the twilight being over.