CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Test Anxiety???

It appears I have test anxiety. Many a morning during this summer the morning light and the realization of where I was came as grateful truth. I wasn't sitting at a desk looking down at a test I knew I was incapable of passing. My dream wasn't my reality.

The latest dream in my nightly series comes as a bit of an exotic entry to the usual subjects I find myself before (math, Spanish, etc.) I dreamt that I had to take a 250 question test on the Harry Potter books that like all the others I was destined to fail. The Harry Potter aspect is strange but the essence of this dream has become an all too common theme for me. In many a dream this summer I've found myself anxious and certain of failure even before beginning these tests.

I've never had a dream reoccur so many anxious times. What it all means has been pondered much, answered a little, and laughed at quite a bit as well. Who dreams themselves into taking tests on Harry Potter and not giving themselves abilities to cast spells, play Quidditch or the like?

Just me.

2 comments:

Derek said...

hey Chel Bell. This is I, Derek Douglas Snarr. I found your blog, too bad it hasn't been written in since August. You're a great writer.

Jessica Oakley said...

So you can turn your blog pink, but you can't tell a story about it. Interesting. Very, very interesting. ;)