CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 4, 2007

On Being the Dumb One

For better or worse, all my life I've kept distance between me and experiences that leave me feeling vulnerable. This experience has been so incredibly humbling because I've felt a new kind of vulnerability. I love words. I splatter, splash, and many times drench people in my thoughts. I've taken for granted words and how we use them for everything. Without this ability I've been humbled. Let's just say I've been the dumb one and self expression with words comes at a heavier price. Today I didn't pass my biweekly exam. Needed a 75, got a 73. Not a huge deal but still keeps things in perspective for me. I expected this long before now, and to be honest I'm not surprised as I barely slid in with a pass on the last exam. I've learned loads but it's just the fact that I still have such a long way to go that is at times frustrating. On the fluency road I've just barely found my feet.

0 comments: